Directors & Committees
Board Of Directors
GISA’s governance structure consists of a tripartite Board of Directors of up to 14 members comprising of regulators, industry representatives and public representatives.
Three Board committees, an Executive Committee, a Finance and Audit Committee, and a Statistical Plan Committee, have been established to provide stewardship and strategic management of the agency.
The Executive Committee provides stewardship and strategic management for GISA. Its mandate is to provide ongoing oversight and direction in the operation of the agency.
- provides ongoing direction and advice to GISA Management in implementing decisions of the Board;
- acts as the Nominating Committee for appointments to the Board and its Committees;
- reviews and approves key communication documents and correspondence;
- establishes priorities and approves agenda for Board meetings; and
- makes ongoing decisions as necessary.
Finance & Audit Committee
The Finance & Audit Committee assists the Board in fulfilling its financial oversight responsibilities. The Committee reviews GISA’s financial risks, results, and reporting systems and provides advice and makes recommendations to the Board with respect to:
- external audits;
- internal control and risk management;
- financial performance and planning; and
- any other issues as requested by the Board.
Statistical Plan Committee
The Statistical Plan Committee assists the Board in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities pertaining to the collection, analysis and reporting of statistical and financial information. The Committee oversees, provides advice and makes recommendations to the Board with respect to:
- GISA’s Data Rationalization Strategic Initiative;
- GISA’s Data Collection, Analysis and Reporting Strategic Initiative;
- Non-financial aspects of the Technology Renewal Program (TRP);
- Systemic issues affecting statistical plan data integrity; and
- Any other issues as requested by the Board.